I’ve got one of this style waiting in the wings to be finished…
Below is an example of how the back looks, on another of the same type.
Things have been a little quiet on the shield front as of late: due largely to life things.. but also due to a new woodworking adventure I’m undertaking. I’ll just say that it involves a lathe, metal, brass, and long hole boring…
Hope you are well, wherever you are,
This is a mid-late 13th century
styled shield, yet to be finished.
This will be a couple of heaters(HS1 style)
I ended up removing two rivets, and re-riveting due to an oversize error..
This one will be with a lion rampant.
The colors will match my COA, so I might fancy holding onto this one..
The spacing came out a bit on the large size for both the buckled end, and the grip.
Unsure if I want to adjust or not, as that of course, entails unsetting the rivet..
Maybe a bulky fellow will be interested in purchasing
I believe it’s finished, though I’ll give it a once over before spraying poly…
Here, I’ve begun work on what COULD become “my shield”…we’ll see
He just needs some teeth, and white in the eyes…
Not sure I’ll be able to give this one up…
although the colors are the reverse of my COA
It’s not finished: have more colors to add in, plus a tongue..eye…
I’ll be getting back down soon to continue work on the new heaters, and the red heater…